Sunday, May 15, 2011

Where in the World is EAP?

About a month ago, I got an email about an idea to make a video with all of the EAP students around the world. The video would entail EAP students dancing in their study abroad country in front of a monument or landmark. This idea was inspired by the “Where the Hell is Matt?” video on YouTube.
After I watched the YouTube video I was immediately thrilled and motivated to participate! What a wonderful way to promote studying abroad in a fun way! I volunteered to spearhead the video production in Sydney. I decided to do the video at Circular Quay in front of the Opera House. After an interesting (and a tad bit embarrassing) filming experience…people walking by stopped to watch and take pictures…I sent my portion of the video to the project and it is currently being edited together with all of the other EAP students around the world. I am really looking forward to the result!

I personally think the “Where the Hell is Matt?” video is brilliant, and it motivates me to continue traveling the world after my study abroad experience in Australia. I may even try to make my own version of the video...who knows? I have the travel bug now, I don’t want to stop!

Keep a look out for an EAP promotional dancing video coming to a UC campus near you! (I am wearing a UCEAP shirt in front of the Opera House!) I am so excited to see the finished result and look forward to the response from students at their home University campuses. I hope it will inspire other students to study abroad and embark on their own adventure in a whole new country and culture. After all, the world is your oyster!

No comments:

Post a Comment