Sunday, May 15, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

When I was packing for my study abroad experience in Australia, I did not know I would need to pack my rain boots! April was filled with some of the craziest rainstorms I have ever experienced! I bought an umbrella and the wind was blowing so hard that it blew it completely inside out.

However, as May has arrived (the time has gone by so quickly!) the weather has become sunnier and more enjoyable again. It is useful to note that Australia refers to temperatures using Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. When people say, “It is about 15 degrees outside” it means that it is actually 59 degrees Fahrenheit. I was having a hard time figuring out the Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion, so I found a website to help me convert the degrees so I have a better idea of the temperature. I have included it here for your conversion needs! Now you can watch the Sydney weather on the news and know what they are talking about! :) I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment